View Single Post
Old 02-14-2004, 06:23 PM   #3
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Who is notified when someone clicks the "report post to moderator' thing and sends a message off?

I just hear all kinds of conflicting rules... LRB said that name-calling was an automatic reprimand... yet some people get away with this kind of behavior. In the post I relayed someone called someone else a moron and the post is still there. I had one of my post edited and was given a warning one time when I said KG was acting like a baby.

KG just recently edited my post because in his opinion I was "implying" that another member was racist... when I said nothing remotely like that. It just seems like there is a one-way policy here... if you are a regular you can get away with all kinds of abusive behavior... yet if you are new you have almost no rights... you can't even defend yourself. At least that has been my expoerience.

IMO KG is specifically to blame for this type of behavior. He allows his friends or "regulars" to be incredibly abusive and will never edit their posts... yet if I respond I am edited or given a warning...or if I do something he deems even remotely abusive... even if it isn't.

I am not thin skinned... but it should at least be consistent. It should at least be a two-way street.

There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote