View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 10:00 AM   #22
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefelump View Post
I completely agree with the above. Freedom of Press should not give reporters immunity from prosecution.

And while I agree that blowing the whistle on crime committed in government is a good thing, I have to ask these simple questions regarding the CIA prisons (since that is the example I gave above).... What crime was being committed? Where are the indictments? Who has been tried for these crimes?
cia agents have been indicted in both germany and italy, and the council of europe report detailed the fact that the cia prisons violated not only europen and american laws but also the geneva convention.

Quote:
And to take it a step further, let's look at the Valerie Plame fiasco... The only indictment we saw was Libby, and it was for perjury. The charged crime was something that happened during the investigation. The "crime" being investigated was deemed to not be a crime at all, thus there were no indictments handed down for divulging the name of a CIA operative.
libby took the sword for cheney and rove, by obstructing the investigation (which he wa found guilty) fitzgerald couldn't obtain any proof of their actions.

what is clear from the investigation is that these men threw valerie plame under the bus due to her husband's work to debunk their assertion about hussein and uranium.

how anyone could condone their actions of "outing" a cia agent, putting the agent's contacts in foreign countrys at risk, is beyond me...

Quote:
So we have two incidents I have named where no crime was charged, no people were indicted, and nobody was tried. So what's the crime the NYT was telling us about? Or was it just a good story someone wanted to "break" first?
you are wrong in there being no indictments, and wrong in there being no crimes committed, clearly there was a positive contribution by the nyt and the other newspapers (such as the wall street journal) who exposed these illegal activities.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote