View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 02:05 PM   #22
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Chandler's an 13mil expiring contract. So now you don't have to spend the MLE on Shaq, Chandler is a more than adequate backup center, and you have more ammo at the trade deadline.

Ok. I see the angle. Still a little deflating.
Alright, so let me see if I understand this right.

Chandler and Dampier are similar assets. They could have just kept Dampier to be used later, at the trade deadline, but instead they were able to get Chandler, Charlotte got some instant cap relief, and Dallas got to unload a few bad contracts, namely Carroll's. Since they were set on saving Dampier anyway, because the FO doesn't expect any deals to be made this summer that would benefit them, this trade is purely about getting rid of Carroll's contract and saving a little money.

Its also possible they believe that Tyson Chandler is a better center and a better fit, with Kidd and all, than Dampier.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote