View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 02:27 AM   #2123
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Boognish!!

Ween is the greatest live band I have ever seen. I saw them a few weeks ago when they came to AZ and it was the best experience of my short life thus far. The Meatpuppets were good and got the crowd going, then Ween came on and it was like Heaven opened up to the entire crowd. It was a mixture of rapture, rowdy cheering and awed silence. They played for almost 3 hours with a 5 song encore including the best version of Fiesta Ive ever heard where the drummer had one of the best drum solos Ive ever heard and its hard to have an 8 minute drum solo that doesnt get boring. Everyone in the crowd knew the lyrics and it was just one of those truly amazing experiences.

I've seen a lot of concerts where its cool to see the musicians live but they sound like crap compared to their albums. Ween sounds EXACTLY like they do on their albums, only their amazing musicianship makes them even better because the songs go on so much longer with deeper grooves, better solos and an amazing vibe. Go see them if they play even remotely close to you and you like their songs.

And BTW

Zydeco punk with traditional influences and a touch of Gogol Bordello and the Pogues. Great stuff. I'm totally addicted.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 09-28-2009 at 02:30 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote