Thread: iPhone
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 07:10 AM   #559
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk View Post
I don't really understand why they don't do the flash..or java? I don't know the technical reasons I guess because I am not fluent in that area... but it's almost like they don't just because they can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
They have claimed that it would drain battery life. But other phones obviously support it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
The Flash thing has got to be about copyright and control, as in, Flash would cause them to give up some measure of control over what you can do with your iphone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
I agree that is what it is probably really about. You see how controlling they are with the apps.
FLASH THOUGHTS-

I've read that steve jobs hates adobe flash, because it is buggy and crashes. I've read that he thinks there are much better alternatives than flash. I'm assuming he means HTML 5. I think battery draining is also in issue too. Another thing that i personally believe is why they said no to flash is this: how many websites on the internet have free games that are embedded on the site in flash? Like a million, right? Well, what are some of the hottest apps in the app store? Games. Yes, that's right. It is my opinion that if Jobs allowed flash on the iPhone, then people could play games on web pages, which would reduce people downloading and playing games from the app store. This, in turn would/could reduce revenue for apple and also for app developers. Which probably funks up their whole business model regarding the app store. Not to mention now they have that crappy iAd service or whatever. What do you guys think?
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote