View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 09:44 AM   #7
SeanL

SeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
As usual, an idiot. While the democrats left busses to be flooded and killed people they find a way with the democrat media to blame someone else for it.

Show me the link where FEMA was,"gutted", Show me their budget year to year? Was it the same gutting that has been done by the sequestor?

And as usual, FEMA is typically after the fact, not first responders.
You are correct. There were Democrats like Nagin that screwed up. But just because you are a Democrat doesn't mean you have good administrative skills. I would say I know quite a few Democrats who would be poor administrators. But then there are others like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Warren Buffet, etc. who are actually quite good administrators.

Being a good administrator is a personal trait. It doesn't have to do with your policy views.

The policies that exacerbated this tragedy were conservative policies of cutting all forms of government, sans the military. This was true for FEMA which did have its budget slashed. And here is the link you requested for your viewing pleasure:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../femahist.html

Last edited by SeanL; 04-27-2013 at 09:46 AM.
SeanL is offline   Reply With Quote