View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 03:09 AM   #92
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL View Post
Not all sins are created equal though. Some sins are mortal sins, such as homosexuality.
I thought they were all like that though. So once little Johnny lies about who knocked over the Lego tower, he's doomed to a punishment of hellfire and damnation for all eternity. Unless he fills up his soul with some Jesus, of course.

As if that wasn't comprehensive enough, they go on to say we were all born sinners before we even have the capacity to do anything. So to say homosexuals are the exception because they were born in sin... well, I don't think I need to point out the cognitive dissonance here.

This is probably looking at it from the wrong angle though. The part about everyone being born sinners probably stems from the religion's own goal to convince everyone they just have to have it, and the part about homosexuals being condemned probably stems from the fact they just don't like them very much. The mental gymnastics required to justify both positions simultaneously can be entertaining to watch one attempt.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 05-09-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote