View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #102
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Then what are you referring to? I thought the 9-11 backlash was racially motivated as much as anything.

Islam contains some pretty stupid, backward, and dangerous ideas. Am I not allowed to point this out just because they're an organized religion?
I think we're not connecting here... You originally said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
There is a stark difference between targeting a demographic and targeting a belief system.

A demographic describes a trait one is born with and cannot (easily) change (i.e. gender, skin color, orientation, etc.) while a belief system is something you are free to change at any moment (i.e. religion, ideology, etc.).
Islam is a belief system, not a race or nationality. Religious belief (and other choices such as married/single, what car you drive, etc.) is a demographic marker, but I think you mean genetics rather than demographics. If you can't be bigoted against a belief system because it is not genetic (or "a trait one is born with"), you can't ever be bigoted against Islam (violently or non-violently).

You can believe whatever you want about Islam (and other religions)... just know that you might be viewed as a bigot.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 05-09-2013 at 12:42 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote