View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #114
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL View Post
When did sin become a nice word?
A nice word? It's not a nice word, I suppose. But it's not necessarily a hateful word, either. By most interpretations of the Bible, lots of people sin every day. You and I both do. So is it hateful for me to say that I think something is a sin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
All Collins said was that he was gay. That's it. He didn't say he was engaging in homosexual sex, just that he was gay.

So to respond by claiming that being gay is wrong is an attack on his identity, not his actions. Abortion is an action, not a part of one's identity. So a better analogy would be to compare the claim "being gay is wrong" to the claim "black people are inferior." I'm not saying that for shock value or guilt by association. I'm saying the two are similar, and dissimilar from the abortion claim, because they classify a genetic trait as inferior.

Explaining this difference time and time again to deaf ears gets tiresome.
Broussard said that he thought living a homosexual lifestyle was a sin. That clearly assumes that sex is not being abstained, and takes away the argument of identity, at least in this context. Which brings the abortion analogy right back in play.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote