View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #141
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL View Post
"I know scientists and the intellectual elite love to bitch about the misuse of "theory" vs. "hypothesis,""

That quote is dripping with contempt. And it's not like you were referring to just a few scientists. You were clearly referring to all of them. Although I can't say I'm shocked that a troglodyte like you would show contempt for learned individuals.
It's only "dripping with contempt" in your mind because you're looking for any way you can to win an argument that you've clearly lost... I was using scientists and the intellectual elite as an example of what you're trying (and failing) to represent yourself as... You echo their words without any understanding of what they're saying in an attempt to paint yourself as an authority on "all things science" so you can trump "backwards-ass Texas inbreds" on a sports forum (lowest-hanging fruit?), but all you're doing is displaying your own ignorance.

Quote:
And the fact that you think science and religion are equally valid or invalid when justifying an argument kind of proves my point.
I never debated their validity - I only stated that science and religion are equally invalid in the hands of the ignorant.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote