Thread: Mein Drumpf
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 02:36 PM   #483
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I think Trump is the worst thing that could have possibly happened to the U.S. this past election cycle. That being said it's pretty clear that both political parties are inundated with controversy and corruption. Obviously, the GOP doesn't compare to the Dems by any metric, but Clinton definitely hijacked the DNC long before her nomination.

I'm ready for a truly revolutionary candidate. I refuse to believe that long gone are men and women of principle like Bobby Kennedy. People who don't give a damn what is and isn't politically possible, but stick to their honest values and beliefs.
The problem is certain things are death sentences for candidates. If you say the military funding needs to be cut, or to eliminate private prisons used for profit, or that we need to raise taxes on the rich, or mention the words gun control, youve eliminated a lot of the voters unfortunately.(Fox News will pull a heading like "Insert candidate HATES MILITARY, JOBS WILL BE CUT".

And if Democrats dont win back any seats today from the election, it says that Trumpism bull shit works for republican candidates.

Republicans are constantly playing identity politics (dems do to an extent as well). The rep candidate in Virginia sent out mailers of a picture of Colin Kap kneeling and it said "are you tired of athletes kneeling during the anthem? Vote republican!" That will win a lot of votes because thats how stupid we've become.

Now Im rambling...

Last edited by Melonhead; 11-07-2017 at 02:37 PM.