View Single Post
Old 03-30-2023, 03:15 PM   #1209
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by washedklean77 View Post
Intermittent fasting is where it's at. I'm a seasoned Ultra Endurance Athlete (runner) on the side of my career. (I'm 45, btw). I burn a ton of calories through rigorous training, but even I still adhere to intermittent fasting as it does wonders to my gut health. I eat dinner at 5:30PM and then that's it - nothing until 4AM which is when I wake up to train. This gives me an 11 hour fast and I wake up feeling wonderful.

Aerobic training is what Luka has to adopt this offseason. Consistent aerobic training will train his body to use oxygen more efficiently. But more importantly, train his heart to operate lower at all times (while resting, functioning as normal, training and playing games) as a lower overall heart rate demands less energy. And when you're more aerobically fit, you simply have more in the tank which helps you practice/pursue your trade.

I'm a firm believer that you can't play good defense if you're not in tremendous shape!
Great stuff! Thanks for sharing. I think I?m going to try intermittent fasting myself. So the key is that 12 hour block, and not to eat to close to bed time, correct? I would have to do something like 9pm-9am as I get out of work/gym later. Do you fast at other times or just overnight?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote