View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 10:32 AM   #86
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefelump
Unfortunately, this is what CPS does... I have known several people who's children have been taken from the home, for far lesser accusations. They were eventually returned, of course... but this is how CPS operates. They take the children away, and then ask questions... and they don't have to go to the FISA court to get permission either.
in the case of the many of the FLDS parents, I find it hard to believe that anyone could have their children taken from them while being accused of less -- most (like > 95% most) haven't been accused of anything other than teaching their children that it's good to have large families.

seriously:

Quote:
"There are young girls who feel the pinnacle of their existence is to get married whenever they are told and have as many children as they can have," she [agent Angie Voss] said.
buried in all the evil things that evil fundie mormons do, the essence of the State's case against the fundie mormons is not that they have abused the kids, but rather that they teach their kids wrong. As I say I can't imagine anyone having their kids taken from them while being accused of less.

and regardless of how the cps may normally abrogate citizen's rights, they are nonetheless a goverment agency and therefore bound to respect the 4th amendment if they are to act lawfully.