View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 03:07 PM   #98
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

To the best of my knowledge the only child abuse allegation of any possible substance made by the CPS has been that a "number" of minors are either pregnant or have children. There haven't been any other allegations -- no beaten and bruised little mormon babies, no broken bones, just a "number" of pregant minors or minors with kids.

I've waited quite patiently to try to figure out just what that "number" may be, and according to this article it looks like that number might be right around 2 pregnant, and perhaps there are a couple under the age of 18 who have kids.

That's roughly 2 out of 400 kids pregant, and I dare say that if you wander through any highschool in the state of texas you might find just as many pregnant teenagers (i can recall one pregnant girl out of my class of less than 100, and no i wasn't the daddy)

anyhoo, i think it's fair to ask, just how many pregnant minors in a community are sufficiently few that it is not justifiable to round up one-hundred percent of the children, including the children of parents who don't have any pregnant minors in their family, just so that we may err on the safe side?

but i digress...

Quote:
FLDS attorney challenges Texas count of pregnant minors from polygamous sect
By Brooke Adams
The Salt Lake Tribune
Salt Lake Tribune

SAN ANGELO, Texas - An attorney for FLDS families in Texas challenged the state's allegations of a "pervasive pattern" of underage girls having children, saying the state's own documents show just three teenagers in custody are pregnant. Of those girls, one will turn 18 in a few months and another merely refused to take a pregnancy test, said Rod Parker, a Salt Lake City attorney representing families at the YFZ Ranch. "That leaves us with one," he said. Parker also said Friday that one state document includes a woman whose first child was born mre than a decade ago. He said he based his statements on a copy of a list created by an investigator for Texas Child Protective Services. "I challenge CPS to come forward with the pregnant minors," said Parker. Investigator Angie Voss submitted the chart last week during a two-day court hearing to bolster the state's contention that all children at the ranch were at risk of abuse....
and here we have the CPS spokesperson noting that "20 listed in the court document as pregnant or as mothers" may overlap with the group of 25 girls who claimed to be adults but are actually minors. We can be reasonably certain that the CPS knows they are minors because these girls tell the CPS they are minors, and moreover it is fairly evident that these girls changed their claim about their age at the precise time when claiming to be minors allowed them to stay with their children*.

Quote:
The count of children in custody rose again Friday after CPS determined that 25 girls who claimed to be adults are actually minors, said spokesman Chris Van Deusen. That group may overlap with the 20 listed in the court document as pregnant or as mothers, he said. "The only thing we can say is we're aware of 20 young girls who became pregnant when they were between the ages of 13 and 16," Van Deusen said. "That's not to say that there are 20 now, but at the time they conceived they were 13, 14, 15, or 16. "That establishes that there was some sexual abuse here," he said [nb: umm, no it doesn't establish that there was some sexual abuse here, it establishes that somewhere some woman had sex when she was a teenager with someone, and it establishes nothing more]....
It is telling that it doesn't seem to cross the mind of the cps spokesperson that these women are lying about their age.

(*at some point in the distant or not too distant future, some or many of these women will change their story and say that they are, in fact, over the age of 18. some noxious people will then cite their dishonesty in their dealings with the state as further evidence of their guilt, as if undeniably a mother should exhibit more loyalty to her state than to her own children.)

Last edited by alexamenos; 04-26-2008 at 06:27 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote