View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 04:27 PM   #105
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

link....

The State gets a bit more specific....

Quote:
Texas: 31 of 53 teen girls from FLDS ranch have been pregnant
By Michelle Roberts

SAN ANTONIO -- Texas child welfare officials say that more than half the teenage girls swept into state custody from a polygamist sect's ranch have been pregnant.
Child Protective Services spokesman Darrell Azar says 53 girls between the ages of 14 and 17 were living on the ranch in Eldorado. Of that group, 31 already have children or are pregnant.
State officials took custody of all 463 children at the Yearning For Zion Ranch more than three weeks ago after a raid prompted by calls to a domestic violence hotline.
CPS says there was a pattern of underage girls forced into so-called "spiritual marriages" with much older men at the ranch.
if this is correct, i nevertheless have a problem with the way the state handled things vis a vis mother and child, i very much have a problem with the collective guilt approach to law enforcement, but regardless the 18+ year old males out at the compound ought to be strung up by their 'nads asap.

stilll...i'm a wee skeptical of this pronouncement by the CPS spokesperson....hmmm....it comes on the heels of the increase in the kid count which followed the policy of only letting minor moms stay with their kids. but then again, 53 out of 460 odd kids sounds about right for the number of teenaged girls aged 14-17, given an equal number of boys and girls and equally distributed ages.

Last edited by alexamenos; 04-28-2008 at 04:37 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote