View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 08:56 PM   #12
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Mavs win!

Great defense down the stretch. Kidd with several key steals, JET with a clutch 3 (although he did struggle quite a bit tonight) and Dirk (also had a bad 2nd half) with the game winner.

Wright had a great game. He really did well defensively and limited Granger's output tonight. He shot relatively well and made some really good passes as well.

Hollins has been playing well as of late. Its nice to see that he has been rewarded with some playing time. I only hopes that he will continue to be given minutes even when Damp comes back. That block in the end game tonight was nice to see!

Singleton had a nice game. Another double double for him. I love his energy and hustle.

JJB in small doses is acceptable. Too much of him is never a good thing. If he only plays within his limits, he is tolerable.

Green started well. However, there were some shots he forced. I think he is trying too hard to impress Carlisle to gain more playing time. Baby steps Gerald, baby steps.

As I mentioned in the game thread, it was one of those rare times when Carlisle showed some emotion after Hollins blocked Granger's shot. It probably was the game plan. They put in Hollins with the hope that he would just out jump Granger to possibly make it a tough shot or hopefully, block it. As soon as it happened, you could see Carlisle showing some emotion. Even JET and Wright gave high fives to Carlisle.

Nice to end the road trip with a win. The Mavs have to build a momentum going into the last few games of this season. They need every victory they can get.

Go Mavs!

Last edited by monty55555; 03-20-2009 at 08:57 PM.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote