View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 10:42 AM   #9
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

I've got 4 cars...3 of which get less than 20 MPG...those three pass the state inspection.

However my 4th car, which gets about 36 mpg fails the inspection due to the o2 sensor. I had to remove the Pre-Cats after they got sucked down into the engine and blew the engine. After about $2500 in repairs to rebuild the engine, removing the pre-cats...the car no longer passes inspection.

It works great, it's quiet and it gets 36 mpg...but the state would rather I drive the other cars dur to regulation, than to let me make a good decision to drive a smaller car that consumes less gas per mile.

It would run me nearly $4000 to have this repair done as it would require another engine rebuild and having faulty designed pre-cats put back in.

State inspections should only be safety inspections. Do the brakes work, the lights, the wipers? Yes, then here's your inspection.

Emmissions are a faulty test that has no consequence on the environment. Millions of people are paying $$$ for a fraudelant scare tactic.

The crazy part...I tried to register my car, but the state wont let me register the car until it passes inspection...so now I drive my car with no inspection and no registration...thanks to some foolish regulations that are counter productive.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote