View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 10:46 AM   #10
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
So you totally discount trying to be friendlier to the environment? That can't be regulated in your eyes?

I understand not wanting over regulation, and I agree 100%. But I also think that it is warranted in specific situations. And this would be one I thought everyone could agree is worth protecting. If not for ourselves, our future generations.
I think there's a pretty sound basis for environmental regulation vis property rights...that is, if you dump crap into the soil or into the air in your property and that crap winds it's way onto my property then you've damaged my property.

If we could agree that one of the fundamental functions of a government was to protect property rights, then I'd be pretty willing to accept a lot of environmental regulations.

Of course, I think the chief function of our existing government is the violation of property rights, so I'm inclined to view with some skepticism their concern for dear mother earth.