View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 01:39 PM   #32
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
This statement is interesting to me because it doesn't go to the second phase of economics. For the record I think PHEV's are the way to go...HOWEVER.... as soon as it becomes mainstream...your less expensive Grid energy will be a relic of the past, unfortunately.

It's still a better solution because you can control emissions from a central plant easier than from dispersed generators...but it'll no longer be nearly as cheap as it was I expect.
Possibly true, but not by what I have read.

Hydroelectric, Solar, and Wind definitely have advancements to be made.
Hydrogen from water through harmonic breakdown should advance.
Tidal electric generation is being developed.
Magnetic engines that run off of small amounts of electricity and attraction/repulsion of magnets are gaining some ground.

Most things I have read say Grid electricity cost is actually going down.

There are many ways to get electricity into the Grid if it is done large scale and not having to pay the huge DEVELOPMENT costs.

I would venture to guess that if the US Gov cut out a couple of planes from the defense budget, and then offered that $$$ to Americans in the form of grants with the stipulation that when completed you could sell the electricity to the grid, but the patent on the design was publicly available and owned by the government --- that it would happen and quickly.

If they then made it available to third would countries, so much the better and likely many fewer battles.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote