View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 10:50 AM   #6
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
So are you saying that you support Missionaries being murdered by terrorist?
No, and I would expect such an illogical answer from someone who probably got hard at the phrase "your either with us or against us."

Listen, we agreed to a contract at the Geneva convention, and the very principles our country is founded on personal rights.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

We cannot, in the name of "safety", strip people of the rights we built this country upon. I am in no way saying that war criminals shouldn't be punished and that these individuals who commit these heinous acts should be allowed to walk free, but until we can prove guilt we cannot act as if they are guilty.

I am simply calling out the source where you find your information, and noticing that in your effort to find "fair and balanced" news, you actually seem to find only news that substantiates what you have already decided is your view of the world.

It is impossible truly understand that issues if you refuse to look outside of your comfort zone of beliefs and ideals.