View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 12:18 PM   #402
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Texas Rangers 05!

Watched the Volquez start yesterday. Was the second time i had seen him pitch.(Double a all star game) His line wasnt great or even good 4.2 ip 5 er but he flashed alot. The konerko at bat showed everything that makes him exciting as a pitcher. That change up he struck him out on was incredible. It has depth on it that most changes dont have. Most changeups go straight down i would love to know the grip he uses to make it break away from right handed hitters. Circle change is the only grip i know of that can gewt that movement but i dont think he throws a circle change. If he can throw it for strikes he will only need a 3rd pitch as a token. His slider looked decent but needs work. He only needs to get it to average. Still rank him second out of the dvd pitchers but he will be a pitcher. Remember that in the 5th he gave up an infield hit, a dp ball that only got through because of hit and run, a line out, a k a soft liner, and then was pulled. If he gets those soft outs then he goes 5 and gives up 3 runs and we are all singing his praises. About Wilson he will be good eventually. I remember when Kenny was young being at a game and kenny coming in. the guys sitting behind us said well there goes the game and left. He turned out ok. Wilson has better stuff than kenny did. kenny threw harder but wilson has good breaking pitches and kenny didnt. The rangers cant get sucked into the well we'll just let our young pitchers pitch and not sign any free agents. You can never have two many arms and it wont hurt any of the kids to pitch some out of the bullpen. Btw i have seen people project CY as a #2 next year. We may have a #2 but it isnt Cy. The only person capable of being a #2 next year currently on the rangers is Dominguez. I dont want to count on him for that though because though i think that pitching wise very few have better stuff, it will be a couple of years before I trust him because of his past.

Alll in all if we go into next year with a rotation of
Burnett
Rogers
Young
Dominguez
Loe/ric rod/ Cj wilson

I wont be that upset. We have a problem at the 5th pitcher but who doesnt? I think that Loe is better in the pen but a pen with Cordero, Benoit- he is great in the pen, FF, for late innings (I know FF wont be back at the begining) With some other arms left over from the starters and youngsters will be ok. We need a leadoff guy. I would go after one trade that probably wouldnt be made and will get me razzed on here but I would trade Tex I love him but he cant pitch for Peavy. Dont think Padres would do it but I go to them and ask.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote