View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 12:33 PM   #403
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Texas Rangers 05!

That Konerko at-bat was magnificent, I mean I actually pumped my fist when he won that battle. From everything I've read about this kid's attitude, I think it isn't a bad move bringing him up. Let him get the experience, I don't think you'll ruin him. You could tell he settled down after the first couple of innings. I was encouraged, but that doesn't mean I necessarily support penciling him into the rotation for next year already. I still think the best thing for him is to get the full year at triple-A first.

BTW, something pretty cool that the Rangers & Dellucci are doing, from the FWST today:
Quote:
The Rangers are donating $10,000 to relief efforts in New Orleans in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Baton Rouge native David Dellucci is also donating $5,000 to the southeast chapter of the American Red Cross and will autograph baseballs to be auctioned during Rangers games starting today, with proceeds benefiting the Red Cross. The Rangers also announced they would give away tickets to their remaining home games to people displaced by the storm.