View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 07:24 PM   #406
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Texas Rangers 05!

I have heard the Hank-for-Peavy thing brought up on the Rangers boards a few times & as much as I love Hank, no question I would do that, considering Hank's troubling road stats & continued issues vs lefties. The Padres probably wouldn't go for that, but I think maybe they would do it for Tex. Everyone can see he's going to be very very good for a very very long time & frankly, given the way he feels about the management & the (lack of) direction of this team as well as Tom Hicks' new "financial flexibility" spending philosophy, I am not confident in the least that we'll be able to keep him. It's horrifying to think we might lose him for nothing. Nobody wants to think about this, but I think we have to consider the possibility that it might make the most sense to trade Tex sooner rather than let him get away later. (It pisses me off that we even have to talk about this.)

Did anyone see Scott Feldman's major league debut today? Scoreless ninth w/2 Ks. Good velocity on that sidearm delivery, very impressive. Hopefully we'll get to see a lot more of him before the end of the season. Only thing worth watching for now are these young pitchers, & they have been fun to watch.