View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 10:22 PM   #409
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Texas Rangers 05!

Murph...intriguing, your comments about location to a left-handed hitter. I'm left-handed myself, and in my softball days anyway, I swung a pretty mean bat. Now, obviously, softball is miles away from baseball. But I've always been intrigued by discussion about differences in swings from one side of the plate to the other. I've never given any thought to the questions of location you have raised here. Is it primarily because of the way ballparks are often shorter in right field? I don't really get it.

But one thing I *have* given thought to is the belief there seems to be that lefties have "prettier" swings than righties. Logically, I can think of no reason why this would be the case.

Sorry to hijack this thread, if I have, but I have always been curious about the differences--if there are any--between left-handed and right-handed hitters.

Of course, other than the fact that lefties are smarter than righties, which we all know. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote