View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 01:32 PM   #84
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
I didn't get to watch the game until this morning, but boy, what a bunch o negative Nancys on here after one game for a team with a new coach, a new offense and a new defense, against a team with more talent that made no siginificant changes after going to the conference finals.

I expected the debate here to be about how the Hawks got the best deal in the Luka trade, since they got 2 lottery players. I was going to defend the trade, since the Mavs would have never taken Trey, since they thought had their point guard of the future in Dennis Smith Jr...who is hanging on by a thread in Portland. We'd have ended up with Jared Jackson or Mo Bamba, and a very high lottery pick in 2020.

Hey. Its one game, and the Mavs are trying to do a lot of new things. I'd give them more than a minute before throwing in the towel. This season depends on what KP does, and this night he moved well and blocked some shots and altered several more...unicorn type moves, just not enough of them...yet.
Why would the debate be about something that has long been settled? Just to help you out, the Mavs won that trade. We just witnessed the ball being taken out of the best player’s hands, and it didn’t work. Luka’s usage rate was just halved, and the offense couldn’t break 90. That’s the debate.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote