View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #107
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
See I don't believe Jet would have fit that well. Kidd covered up a lot of Jet's shortcomings because Kidd could guard the SGs of the league.

To me having Kidd as the SG would have been better.
You have got to be kidding me. With the addition of Brand and re-signing West, the biggest glaring weakness will be the lack of a 3-point threat. Terry is pretty darn good. I've always been a bit down on Terry as a Mav, but it's not really his fault. He has a specific skill set, but he was too important to the team for his skill set to fill the role needed. Specifically, for the most part, the Mavs needed Terry to be the #2 scorer. While he can do it intermittently, he is not consistent enough. I've always looked at Terry as being very good for 2 games of a 7 game series. That won't get it done, and I think that's the main reason the Mavs fell short year after year (including his defensive liability).

As far as Kidd being the SG. LOL, that's about the dumbest thing I've heard in a while. Yes, he can cover the defensive part of the job, but please, his spot up shooting is only okay, and he had better be wide open. As far as driving the basket ANY, well, that's off the table unless he wants to pass out for an open 3. Then again, if he's the SG, it's gonna be a challenge to pass it out to himself. ;-)

Overall, I'm with Longhorn on his assessment.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote