View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 09:26 PM   #9
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefelump
Exactly right. Mane of those people making over $250k/yr are small business owners, who use their earnings to employ others. By raising their taxes, you cause them to employ fewer people (aka LAY OFFs). So yea, let's "tax the rich" and watch the poor (by Obama's definition those making less than $250k/yr) lose their jobs. Great plan Obama
Bush tried trickle down economics and has it trickled down? I won't mention names that has been tickled and trickled but i do not see where it is raining down to the middle class. Why give Exon Mobile tax breaks and not the middle class American?

I'll give an example. I happen to know a company that many friends work for. This company is connected to what gm, ford and other car companies do. This company also let it known that Republicans are working for you and it trickles down. The company said to all workers, never listen to a union or try to start one as it would wreck you and the company. A big Republican friend here always told of how great the Iraq war was going and really mission was acomplished. He said the media just made Iraq look bad and it really wasn't.

Then this company was hit bad by Ford and GM, not selling cars and suvs and they started cutting back parts. Diesel engines from Dymler took a huge hit and then they started taking pay cuts, not much insurance, dental taken away and said no pay raises and probably ever. This was people that had been there 20 years and more. They wanted them to match the stock plan. It wasn't long they took bankrupcy and actually wanted out of filling orders and take the money and run. The judge said no, you have the money and you must fill the orders. The stock went down and then it was nothing. They took it off the stock market and then reconstructed and started new stock and screwed anyone that had stock. Then a ceo or two took a 20 million bonus and retired. The union swooped in and flooded the papers locally to sign up for the union, we will help you. The employess tried to listen to what had been said to them but the company big wigs gave in and did what they said to never do. The employees feel in many ways they was duked.

This company now is starting to shut down for a week or two weeks at a time because they have no orders to fill(they filled the ones in a year or so that they took the money on). I feel the company will fold or maybe sell out if anyone will take them. I asked a friend other day, i know you are so proud Hillary is out and he could not stand Hillary. He is a huge Republican and the one that said the war was going good, just like one i know in here always use to say. It was just all overblown on the media.

Now this Republican told me, he sure wishes Hillary was in the race because he is scarred to death. I asked why. He is afraid of Obama and is afraid he has won. He can't stand McCain and now says W was a failure. He and some at that company and many Republicans got trickled on as ceo's got out with a nice bonus and now these many, many people wonder what they will do if this co folds.

Why i even bring up this story, many people and many Republicans are feeling the same thing and they are jumping ship to anyone besides a Republican. He now thinks Hillary is much more conservative than McCain and Obama. Not only does he feel he is going to lose his job where he has been for 23 years but he has no choice on someone to vote for. It is many other Republicans are feeling the pinch and feeling they have been trickled on.

Again, you have your opinion and feel Exon Mobile deserves more tax breaks but i feel the majority of the American people will like a tax break at less than 250 grand a year. I might be wrong but we will see. Not just Democrats are losing jobs but Republicans are also. They are not happy campers. He has a new view on faith and values.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote