View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 05:33 PM   #22
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I don't really see a whole lot of motivation for a sign and trade -- if the Magic match, then they dedicate to going over the cap and can't get any instant financial relief in a trade since the salaries will have to match. And it's unlikely that they'd get a better/more useful player in return. I suppose they could trade for some expiring contracts bundled with a high future pick, but there aren't many (if any) teams that could/would offer that, nor are there any guarantees that the pick would be worth it.

Seems like they'd be best off just keeping Gordon if they bother to match... Unless I'm missing another angle here?
We will have cap space to absorb... maybe we send them something like Dwight Powell and a future protected pick?