View Single Post
Old 10-28-2004, 10:45 AM   #21
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road
Default RE:My Official: Plan to get the Rangers to the World Series in '05

Quote:
Originally posted by: FineCubanCigar
we got another guy when Lewis was lost who supposedly had similar upside and youth, name escapes me. Where are you hearing a Reyes for Sori rumor? what was it? Whats the Pavano rumor? that we will ry and fo after him in F.A.?

The name slips by me too but I've read where he shouldn't be in any rotation plans for next year. The 3 guys that should get strong looks in spring training are Dominguez, R. Rodriguez, and Young. It would be optimistic to think that only one of these young pitchers steps up next year and puts a grip on one of the rotation spots. I still think we need to find a #1 and #2 or #3 starter for next year, if we want to take that next step to make the playoffs. There have been rumors that Texas is intersted in Pavano and Lowe but I would stay FAR away from Lowe, remember who's his agent. And with Lowe's success in the World Series, you can bet that Boras won't take less than $15 mill per year. I would rather give that money to Pavano. So give me Pavano, trade Soriano for a proven pitcher or sign a low end vet, bump Drese and Rogers down two spots in the rotaion and let the young arms battel it out for the 5th spot....sounds good to me!!

There have been rumors of Soriano going to the Mets for Reyes, but I would pass. Even though Reyes has shown flashes of good defensive insticts, he gives you nothing on offense. I would rather go after Cabrera of the BoSox. The guy has enough offense and a good OBP to be at the top of the order, PLUS great desense at short. Then move Young back to 2nd. You gain HUGE on defense at 2nd and short from last year and it's at worst a push on offense.

Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote