View Single Post
Old 09-16-2003, 02:54 PM   #9
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice
Default When the euphoria dies done......

My post was meant to look at the game inside the game...and there was only one if....Bryant's kick. Which was, frankly, a fluke...a huge screw up.

The rest is fact. The Cowboys had drives stall at the 4, the 8, the 19, the 20, the 25, the 32 (and the last field goal came from the 35 and I won't call that a failed drive). Anyway that you cut it, that's 4 drives into the red zone without scoring a touchdown. No coach on earth is going to tell you that's efficient or productive. As Murph correctly pointed out, Quincy's rating was just above 75. And the defense did give up a 19 point swing; that's fact. No coach is going to be happy about that.

There were many good things. As MFFL said, the Cowboys controlled OT. And I thought that Bryant, Glenn, Whitten, Ellis and some others played very well. I thought that the pass rush was much improved (although going at an O-Line with 3 rookies). I'm not a fan of Quincy or Hutchinson, but I did think Quincy improved as the game went on. He finally started hiitiing receivers in stride rather than throwing behind them or over their heads. Big props to Zuriel Smith for putting the Giants in a hole for most of the first hal.

I tend to look for improvement in overall performance...that's the way they're going to start winning consistently...and I just didn't see that much. I really didn't think that the Giants were a slouch team, ..I just made the acknowledgement that everyone has made. The Cowboys do have the toughest schedule in the NFL this year.

I'm happy that they won and did enjoy it...it's a hell of a lot better than a loss...and if it puts them on the road to better things, then it will be a huge win. I simply don't think either team played that well. That's all.