View Single Post
Old 09-17-2003, 12:37 AM   #24
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default When the euphoria dies done......

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Originally posted by: MFFL
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: MFFL
Quote:
Does anyone remember the play that we could've had a field goal but Terry Glenn was tackled and seconds ran off? What if Glenn runs out of bounce? Thats another 3 points there.
If you are talking about the play at the end of the 2nd quarter then you are a little confused. There was a penalty on the play and THAT'S what made the field goal a very difficult one.

Without the penalty the clock isn't stopped. If no penalty is called or if Glenn runs out of boucne that is a easy 3 points.

Now >I'M< confused. The penalty takes precedence over EVERYTHING else. The fact that Terry runs out of bounds or not does not matter.

???

I'm saying that if Glenn runs out of bounds we get another 3 points. I was just trying to use the what if factor.
I give up.

I've tried to convince you that there was NO WAY that Glenn's failure to run out of bounds meant a difference. He could have dropped the pass. He could have done what he did (catch the pass and fail to get out of bounds). He could have caught the pass and made it out of bounds. He could have caught the pass and broken a bunch of tackles and scored a touchdown. None of that matters because THERE WAS A PENALTY ON THE PLAY!

The play was dead. The play did not exist. The Cowboys repeated the down. Everything was wiped out because of the penalty. So it could NOT HAVE COST US 3 POINTS.

There isn't a what if on this play.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote