View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #33
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
Finley would be the third best player on the mavs behind Mayo and Kaman. True story.
At Fin's age I'd put Dahntay, Crowder, Carter, Dirk, Marion and Wright above him too. Seeing as how four of those guys play the position that Finley would play, I just don't see it.

Fin was just never a great defender. If I wanted a situational guy to come in and shoot at the 3, I'd choose Carter (who is equally bad defensively but can create offense) --or better yet-- Dahntay Jones (who is perhaps our best defender and shoots 43% from three). Fin is nowhere near the defender that Jones is and I highly doubt he'd shoot 43% from three as well.

I love Fin as much as anyone but his age has relegated him to a very specific role as a jump shooter and veteran defender. He can't create the way that Carter can, can't defend/shoot the way that Jones can, and can't defend and rebound the way Marion can. It's great that he's transformed his game from a star offensive player to a role player, but we already have guys that do what he does-- better.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-26-2012 at 12:53 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote