View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 03:24 AM   #1092
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
1st team all-nba in only his second year. I'm trying to think of all the players in NBA history who've done that.

I know Duncan and Bird were 1st team as rookies. I think Jerry West and Oscar Robertson were as well. Wilt and Wes Unseld were MVP as rookies. I'm pretty sure Kareem was first team by his sophomore season. I don't know the others off the top of my head, but I know it's a short, short list. Among players who were NOT first team all-nba in their sophomore seasons- Jordan, Lebron, Magic, Shaq, Kobe, Durant, Hakeem, and pretty much anyone else you can think of.
Wow! Thanks for posting this. Great to put it in context. Congrats Luka. Rarefied air for our wunderkind.

Biggest surprise to me is Magic not being all-nba by second season! I’m guessing Moses or Kareem, Bird, Dr.J, Gervin are locks. Who is the 5th guy? Alex English? Seems like it would have to be another guard, can’t think of any. Pistol Pete, Tiny, Barry and Westphal were all past prime.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote