View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 08:08 PM   #1104
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
When the second quarter begins, Doncic's scoring slows, and the howling in the arena subsides -- until he pulls off a move so astonishing, I didn't realize what actually happened until I returned to the States and re-watched the tape. A few minutes in, he dribbles behind the arc, where he's double-teamed by a pair of Serbian team defenders. They close in on him, raising their arms like children pretending to be mummies. When Doncic tries to elude them, he falls backward and, in the process of tumbling, lobs the ball more than 25 feet to an open teammate in the low post, setting him up to score.

The announcer giggles. There isn't much to say.
I'm pretty sure this is the pass she's talking about. https://youtu.be/HQSjUU0_9N8?t=1564

Also, I'm convinced that any American who thought Luka wasn't BY FAR the best player in the 2018 draft not only was ignorant of how good the competition is in Europe, but also simply hadn't seen him play.

If you haven't actually watched footage of him playing in Europe, please do yourself a favor and watch some. I've been binge watching his footage with Real Madrid and the Slovenian national team since yesterday, and I'm simply blown away. He was absolutely jaw-dropping. A game-winner here, a half-court shot there... If an American kid in the NCAA was even 75% as good as Luka was in Europe, that hype around that kid would approach Lebron levels.

I don't know what the hell we did to deserve this young man, but I'm soooooo grateful that 3 teams were ignorant or just plain stupid enough to pass on him. We Mavs fans have been truly blessed by the basketball gods.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote