View Single Post
Old 12-21-2023, 05:30 PM   #39
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Listen, I won't defend Luka's lack of defense, but he was playing it well early on this season. But no player that isn't known for D is going to play it at 40 mpg.

The person responsible for the lack of defense is Kidd. None of our defensive guys are playing it which means it's a system problem.

Like Grant Williams for example. His D has been pretty crappy. I don't believe he just suddenly forgot how to play it. I don't think he is being held accountable for playing it.
Im buying all of that. I also blame FO/Kidd for accepting DP as our main guy coming into the season since no one knew Lively would be ready yet.

Grant has been a down grade from DFS after the 2/3 week honeymoon phase. Furthermore, as a whole we are dogshit at double teaming on defense.

I realize its a tall task to ask Luka to be Kawhi for even a game or 2. I'm only talking about the difference in the effort he was giving before Lively and Kyrie went down when we had a nice stretch of games where we looked solid on D. Luka has been playing heavy mins even before losing Lively and Kyrie. I'd just like to see him get back down the court, get in position on defense and not accept getting blown by so easily. Again, it's more about the leadership than it is being a lockdown defender every posession.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote