View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 10:10 PM   #116
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
It will be quite interesting to see what happens once dirk/timmah are done. In those cases I expect the mavs/spurts will have to go bottom feeding to continue. In the NBA if you don't have a top 5 player you aren't doing squat.

It will be interesting to see what cubes does however. Another way would be to go back to spending like a banshee to get bargaining chips to get that top 5 in trades.
I was thinking about this recently as well. It kind of worries me. I was thinking that our window of oppurtunity is big now with Duncan starting to slow down (he hasn't yet imo, but he will in the next few years) but when you think about it Dirk isn't going to be around a whole lot longer than Tim.

So in reality, our window of oppurtunity isn't actually that big, and once Dirk is gone I think it will close for awhile as we try to get ourselves back into the elite. I don't think we will be an elite team once Dirk is gone, unless Jho or Devin turn into the superstars they could turn out to be. Unless we are able to get another superstar after Dirk is gone, we'll be in trouble. I guess there's no need to worry about that kind of stuff now seeing how Dirk has a bunch of years left in him, but still I think it's worth thinking about.....

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."