View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 08:59 AM   #6
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Sounds like the NBA is close to passing new rules in sitting players

Little divided on this one. Obviously it sucks to pay to see a team only for them to bring out a starting lineup of subs. On the other hand, the rule seems unenforceable and unnecessary while not addressing the bigger problem of talent/skill disparity. I'd rather watch the Spurs' subs take Houston to OT than watch the Warriors out score the Nets starters 145-68

Thoughts?
I'd be pissed if I bought tickets to see super stars and got a team full of subs. Once you realize the stars are not playing, would you even tune into the beginning of the game? I could see me checking on it later and then if it's close at the end, I would watch. But how is that different than only watching the beginning until they are up by 40 points? I guess it comes down to when are the ratings calculated for reporting purposes.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote