View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 08:20 PM   #120
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I"d love to know the basis for you opinion on Madrigal never getting it. I have no idea if he will or not but I know that he hasn't been a pitcher very long and that the Rangers are very high on him. I also know that he'll be back in the minors where he belongs if everyone ever gets healthy. Writing off someone just because they're not performing well now is stupid. People used to feel the same way about Nelson Cruz too.

If you don't think Verlander had good stuff today then I'm not sure what "good stuff" is to you.

Verlander was fantastic. His fastball has incredible movement to go along with great velocity.
1) I don't have a basis for opinion, just a feeling. I know, not scientific. I've seen flashes, and I hope he developes into a good relief pitcher, but I just have this feeling that he'll never get it. As I said, I hope I'm wrong. I'm not writing him off, and he deserves a legit shot to prove himself.

2) Let be clarify on Verlander: He had a great outing, threw good stuff. But his stuff wasn't 2 hit good. When what Verlander is throwing that good stuff, you have to capitalize when he throws a bad pitch. He did throw some bad pitches, but the Rangers whiffed at them. To say Verlander was bad is incorrect, you're right. But I really did see several good pitches to hit, right dead smack in the middle of the plate, to Josh and Chris and Cruz. Cruz was the only one that even made contact, and he was close...just a little bit under the pitch. Josh and Davis? 2 K's.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote