View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 06:33 PM   #20
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

I used to feel the same way about a college degree, but as it turned out I never really used it. As I think back to my college times (So,so many years ago), I remember the partying and whatnots that comes with the typical college experience. I too thought that you go to college to have fun, then get your degree to get you a career job. I quickly found out that is not true.

What I found out later, is that alot of the really smart college students leave school around their junior year in order to start-up their own business. You get a bunch of college geeks together and they form start-up companies and a couple of years later they are millionaires. I have seen this time and time again. My oldest daughter is about to start college and I wonder if I would get mad if she had decided to skip college all together?

I think I would, unless she came to me with a business plan on how she was going to become a business owner. I think then, I could agree and help in anyway I could. As of matter of fact, I would become the start-up investor for whatever she wanted to do. Granted the business plan would have to make sense to me

So in the end, I think my motto for my kids is , "College or Business Plan?"
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote