View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 12:31 PM   #44
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Here's the explanation:

Signing Howard via free agency makes the scenario I laid out with Fin a lot more complicated. But as has been pointed out so often, trading for Howard is damn near impossible.
Your situation makes some sense laid out above if it came to fruition. Although I don't see the Haywood trade happening unless it happened as part of some three team team (a la the Paul deal that got vetoed). Otherwise, it seems a bit risky to trade your center in hopes that you have the assets to get Howard, and I certainly wouldn't trust Otis Smith not to backstab us if you are suggesting an under-the-table deal here.

I like Stein's scenario better, to be honest. I don't know what the odds are that Dwight makes it to free agency though. Does he get traded and sign an extension before that ever happens? I guess we have to hope that Dwight doesn't push for a trade too hard and at least gives the Magic a reason to believe they've got a shot at luring him back. Otherwise, I don't see why the Magic wouldn't just go for a Howard for Bynum deal in an attempt to salvage some value. That's the problem with the Stein scenario. Then you're pretty much stuck chasing Deron Williams (I still have to believe that the NBA comes to its senses and lets the Paul deal happen).

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote