View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 01:53 PM   #50
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I'd been assuming they needed to renounce to clear space for some other things they'd done/were doing, else why renounce, but then again, I haven't been following their moves too closely, and they definitely had a lot of cap space. I've pretty much been keeping an eye on Daly and that's it. At any rate, the later reports about the one-year try clear things up. If you don't think the TPE is going to help you land Howard, and you don't mind paying the LT, a mercenary Dalembert is a good get for this team as far as I'm concerned.
Keep in mind his cap hold was 150% of his salary. So he was taking up 18Mil of space. They had to renounce him to do almost anything. I'm pretty sure they still have enough space for a big SnT, especially if they get someone back like JJ.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote