View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 02:55 PM   #55
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk2003 View Post

Here is my question...

Why is Orlando allowing us to talk to Dwight?!

Is just some last ditch effort to get the most for him from the Lakers or another team by including us?

Or are they really that stupid that they would allow us to talk to him (and hopefully convince him) knowing our only interest is to get him as a FA?
I surmise we're simply one of the three teams Howard has listed as teams he would want to be traded to and re-sign with. Howard has indicated in the past that Dallas is a team he'd like to be traded to.

Our main trading advantage is taking on contracts, however, bringing back either of Orlando's two albatross contracts (Hedo,Arenas) would ruin any chance we would have at luring Deron in 2012 (If we have Dwight and sufficient cap space, you can count on Deron coming home to Dallas, imo). At the same time, I can't see Orlando wanting to set LA up with another dynasty, and I can't see Orlando wanting to specifically pair Howard up with Deron in the East, so there may be motive for Orlando to work something out with us. We would need to be creative in involving another team who has better trade assets, though.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 12-10-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote