View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 01:22 AM   #112
10AMGareDuNord
Banned

10AMGareDuNord will become famous soon enough10AMGareDuNord will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Sad thing? I think the opposite. This team is a high-octane speed team based on the roster. They want to run with the Warriors, hit hard and fast and kill with versatility and speed. Dirk slows us up and makes us play old-school Memphis ball. Dirk wants to play tractor trailer ball. Team is best built for nascar.
This is quite honestly one of the most inaccurate, incorrect, and inane things I've ever read (and I read a lot of basketball message boards).

A. The Mavs are in no way, shape, or form a high-octane team. Devin Harris is their only push the pace, transition guard, and he's out. Williams and Matthews are the antithesis of high-octane.

B. Did you forget the Mavs blew out GS for their worst loss of the year? A game in which Dirk had a game-high +/-. (Yes, Curry was out, but that changes little to the point.)

C. Any insinuation that Dirk is a detriment to the Mavs, and they wouldn't be having a better game with him, is factually incorrect on every level. Dirk has a team-high +9.1 On-Off Per 100 Possessions. Without him, the Mavs are an awful team who don't sniff the playoffs.
10AMGareDuNord is offline   Reply With Quote