View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 02:52 PM   #118
10AMGareDuNord
Banned

10AMGareDuNord will become famous soon enough10AMGareDuNord will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I took Erica's post as Mavs are at their best when they are in transition, making quick decisions, kicking the ball around inside/out getting the open looks.

Because this is also Warriors type of play, Dirk wouldve never been able to keep up that kind of pace on BOTH ends of the floor for any amount of significant minutes.

Now with that said, Coach put CV in for 20 minutes. But I think I got what Erica was saying.
But...

The Mavs *aren't* at their best in transition. Especially against GS, who wants to run. The Mavs aren't a transition team, and only has one guard who pushes the pace above the average NBA per 100 possessions, in Harris, who wasn't playing.

You know what gets the Mavs open looks, though? Dirk's presence.

Again, team-high +/- on the year. Game-high +/- in the GS blowout. It's a silly argument any way you try to spin it...

(And sidebar...man alive, CV should not be on an NBA roster. He's a nice guy and good teammate...but he's one of the worst basketball players in the NBA.)
10AMGareDuNord is offline   Reply With Quote