View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 12:12 AM   #30
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I'll try my hand at recapping the game:

Barea: He started off extremely well. But he faded quite a bit from the end of the first quarter on. He missed several players. He had also failed to shoot the ball at the end of the first half for no apparent reason. If Carlisle is going to start him, he needs to then yse him as the sparkplug to get some early points then shut him down for the remainder of the night.

Dampier: Wow he had another great game. Are the Mavs coaches putting stickem on his hands? He is catching EVERYTHING right now. And not only catching, he is finishing! He is a big difference maker for the Mavs. If they can get 10+ points from him... and in the playoffs, the Mavs have a legitimate shot when healthy.

Gooden: Yuck. The guy is just braindead. Other than the tip at the end of the first quarter, I don't think he did a single thing right. He is the most turnover prone Maverick. And he is a huge reason why they aren't efficient as they used to be.

Kidd: He could shoot worth a damn, but he played humongous defense in the 4th quarter and overtime. He pretty much locked down Jackson late in the game. Kidd is so strong relative to his size. And he has some quick hands.

Terry: He had the shot to put them up by 1 point. But pretty much all night, he was Goodenesque bad. He couldn't defend a thing. He couldn't hit a thing. And he wasn't getting to the line either. And what was the deal with him jawing with Wallace? There was absolutely no need for that (IMO). It almost cost the Mavs the game.

Marion: Wow. What a huge effort doing everything except scoring. Tonight, I saw the old Shawn Marion from his Phx days. He was rebounding, getting garbage points, defending like a madman. He was hustling everywhere. The effort he showed to get the loose ball on several rebounds + the jump balls... wow. That is the glue guy the Mavs need. He needs to score some but with Howard healthy Marion should be able to focus on doing the little things.

Dirk: He struggled mightily for 2 quarters. In fact I thought he might have a NO type night... or a Memphis type night. Boy did he turn it around. He settled somewhat here and there, but he also got to the rim with some layups. And got to the line as well. And I love the fact that Carlisle has the stones to keep coming to him even when he is struggling. Avery would have pretty much made him stop shooting a long time ago.

And can Stephen Jackson be any more of a b*tch? The dude has a face and expression that just makes me wish someone would pop him in the mouth.

Just a great, gutsy win. In Hollinger's stats, it shows up as a loss. One that they shouldn't have won. But good teams need to do win these type of games. The playoffs are all about pulling out victories out of your @ss when nothing is really going for you.

And it is hard to give the gameball to someone because Damp/Kidd/Marion/Dirk were all huge in different ways.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote