View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 06:23 PM   #39
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Any ESPN insiders? Wondering if there's any meat to this article or if it's just fluff...

Dwight Howard a good fit for Mavs

Also, could a mod remove the part about "being Dirk's Batman" from the thread title? Robin can't carry a team to an NBA Championship the way Dirk just did...
It's fluff but here's the part that pertains to the Mavericks:

Quote:
Ric Bucher: There's the ideal spot for him, as I see it, and then there's the spot that has all the elements Howard supposedly desires: Another superstar. Big city. Warm weather.

I've long said that being a cornerstone of the Nets' rebirth in Brooklyn could earn Howard immortality for a much lower price than other places, but the latest I've heard is that New Jersey has slid to the bottom of his list, even behind the Lakers.

That makes it a battle between the Knicks and Mavericks, and I see Magic general manager Otis Smith, if forced to deal his star, doing it for a combination of young players such as Rod Beaubois, draft picks and, say, Tyson Chandler, instead of Stoudemire.

Best fit: Dallas Mavericks

Last edited by dirno2000; 08-05-2011 at 06:26 PM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote