View Single Post
Old 11-14-2003, 02:22 PM   #10
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:What are possible free agent centers in 04/05?

Some thoughts on Madape's list:

I like Dale Davis' tenacity on the boards and his no nonesense attitude in the paint that this team lacks. He's weak in points, but we dont' really need that.

Rasheed Wallace is so talented that it's almost easy to overlook his on & off-court antics. Almost. Until he grows up, I don't want him here.

Adonal Foyle is potential waiting to be realized. I think he'll never get there while in GS. As a Mav, he would be what FCC would describe as "serviceable".

Greg Ostertag is Evan Echemeyer with more playoff experience. Which is something I don't mean to downplay, but I don't think he'll fit here.

As a longhorn fan, my view of Chris Mihm might be a bit tainted. I like is offense, but question if he'll ever get the body to bang like we need him to. He is an intriguing choice though.

Stromile Swift (see the many Grizz threads to see what I think of this guy).

Jake Tsakalitis did nothing in Phoenix, and he would do nothing here.

Joel Przybilla (no opinion either way).

I have always liked Antonio McDyess' game. He plays tough on both ends and would be a great addition to the Mavs. I only hope he can stay healthy in time for the playoffs.

It was scary enough that we picked this guy, Robert Traylor should never be a Mav.

Ruben Boumtje Boumtje (I plead ignorance on this guy).

We should have picked him up last year, but if we did would Keon Clark fit under the cap along with the guys we have now?

I liked this pick and hope we find a way to get Etan Thomas back. He is nothing more than FCC's "servicable"-type guy.

Please feel free to disagree or agree to any of these points. Let's discuss. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote