View Single Post
Old 10-13-2023, 11:43 AM   #97
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Mavs have a ton of playmakers outside of Luka and Kyrie. That's also a pretty huge exception because when healthy, we will always have one or both of them dominating the ball for the entire 48min.

Exum was brought in to be the two-way playmaker. He had 13pts, 9ast when given minutes versus Real Madrid. Good defense too.

Kidd has specifically said that Green is a two-way playmaking guard/forward.

Curry was brought in because he can spread the floor "and play some point"

Hardy should hypothetically be a combo guard. I think his experiment in summer league utterly failed and he will be at best a small flamethrower 2-guard, but they wanted to develop him thusly.

And if you want a really rough prospect, who is maybe more ready to contribute, Jelly Walker has been doing pretty good work in pre-season. 6pts, 2ast per game so far.

If anything that is TOO much depth. Some of those guys won't get run. I like Mike Miles, but he wasn't going to get minutes except maybe backup minutes in G-League. Now that he is cut, he can go to the Legends (avoiding the draft) or find a place where he can showcase his skills. It wasn't going to happen here buried behind Luka/Kyrie/Exum/Green/Curry/Hardy/Walker
Strongly disagree. Perhaps, I should have used the word "distributor" or quarterback. Someone to run the offense. Curry, Hardy, and Walker are scoring threats but not playmakers in this sense. And their defense is very weak. Green has the potential to be a an excellent two-way player but can he run the offense? He showed some glimpses of this last year and perhaps he could develop those skills, but still largely a question mark in my opinion. And will Kidd give him that opportunity? Exum is also a question mark at this time. Why waive another possible option when you have an open two-way contract? Again, I am happy for Miles as he will likely have better opportunities elsewhere. But I will not be at all surprised if he develops into a lesser version of Jalen Brunson. He has a competitive edge that makes him a winner, just like Jalen. He is not as talented but there are similarities.