View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 09:52 PM   #48
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I think both of you have valid points. I don't think there's any question that Marion is a product of what he has around him, to some extent. He doesn't create his own offense so he's more dependent on his offensive system than most.

HOWEVER, Marion is the type of player who is going to decline very, very quickly. I mean I expect his productivity to just drop off a cliff at some point. This is because is game is SO based on speed and athleticism. So you just better hope (or know) that he's not going to lose those abilities early in his new contract.

And, please remember that he's a bit of a knucklehead that was more interested in a larger role on a bad team that continuing to contribute on a good team in Phoenix. This must be remembered and taken into account.
I agree with the fact he will drop off soon. This is clearly a move to make this win NOW! If it's a 3 year deal, that 3rd one will be interesting to see if it's fully guaranteed.

The thing you have to hope is he had it great in Phoenix and blew it. He saw what can happen in Miami and you get stuck in Toronto. He IS getting close to the edge, time to get in gear and get a ring.