View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 11:18 AM   #87
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
What a wasted work day - even my boss can't stop reading or talking about the Mavs, and I'm pretty sure he didn't start watching until we swept the Lakers...

Just let us go home, please!

It's made even worse because everybody in my company (dozens of offices worldwide) has caught wind that I'm the resident "Mavs expert," so I'm getting all kinds of vapid emails asking questions that a quick Google search could probably answer, but I'm having fun with it...

Q: What position does Dirk play?
A: The big white guy.

Q: Why does coach keep playing the little guy? What about Rodger Boo-bo?
A: Um, I'm pretty sure "Rodger Boo-bo" was deported back to France for using incorrect terminology when referring to Freedom Fries....

Q: Why doesn't Dirk dunk more?
A: Because he's trying to give the other team a fighting chance - it'll make the Hollywood adaptation more dramatic.

Wish my boss was more like that.

After the first game, even he (a tennis fiend) thought that he knew something about basketball, but, like almost all Miami Heat fans, knows nothing about it.

Mind you, this is after he had already shown how little he knew about basketball earlier in the season, when he said "that Bosh guy is an amazing 3-point shooter."

And he gets offended when I say that I trust his tennis knowledge blindly, but if I were a betting man, I'd ask his opinion on basketball and bet all my money on the team he picks to lose.